Virtual Tours and Talks
Join us for live, virtual tours when you can’t make it to our in-person walking tours! These online talks and virtual tours are free, with a $5-25 suggested donation. View past virtual tours on Youtube or Facebook, posted only for a limited time. Registration is required. Space via Zoom platform is limited.
Our live, interactive tour experiences have been recommended by:
“HISTORIC HAPPY HOUR ”
Weekdays – 6:00pm-6:30pm CDT
- Wed, June 3 “Five Trailblazing Chicago Inventors” Marie
- Thurs, June 4 “Chicago Architecture Crash Course Overview” Alex
- Fri, June 5 “Stories of Five Classic Pizza Joints” Amanda
- Mon, June 8 “Conversations: Phil from Cape Horn Illustrations” (limited to 50 guests) Alex
- Tues, June 9 “Detour from Chicago: Indiana Dunes and the Homes of Tomorrow” Alex
- Wed, June 10 “Five Chicago Outsider Artists” Marie
- Thurs, June 11 “Chicago’s Earliest Buildings, from Wigwams to Taverns” Alex
- Fri, June 12 “Historic Bars of Logan Square ” Amanda
- Mon, June 15 “Conversations: Sara from Media Burn Archive” Amanda
- Tues, June 16 “World Detour to Western Sicily” Amanda
- Mon, June 22 “Conversations: Elizabeth from Preservation Futures” Alex
- Tues, June 30 “Detour from Chicago: Washington County, Wisconsin” Amanda
PAST TALKS AND TOURS
LIVE, VIRTUAL TOURS
Weekends – 1:00pm-1:50pm CDT
- Sat, June 6 “Neighborhood Detour: Uptown” Amanda
- Sun, June 7 “Awesome Blocks for a Walk in Lakeview” Alex
- Sat, June 13 “Neighborhood Detour: Old Irving Park & Kilbourn Park” Amanda
- Sun, June 14 “Secret Pasts of Ravenswood Buildings” Marie
“I’m kind of addicted to these virtual tours!” – Jill N.
Super fun and informative — I even had a couple of beers while I was learning about drinking history.– Jim H.
SPECIAL EVENT VIRTUAL TOURS
While we offer free virtual tours every day, these unique special events to celebrate our 10th anniversary offer even more exclusive content:
LGBT Chicago History in 1893 Virtual Tour – June 13
Cruise from Your Couch Virtual Boat Tour – June 13
PRIVATE VIRTUAL TOURS OF CHICAGO
Private virtual tours are a fun and safe way to stay connected with your team, friends or family. During a virtual tour, you and your group will explore topics in architecture, food history, or jazz and blues, in both downtown Chicago and our diverse neighborhoods while interacting with each other.
Visit our Virtual Team Building page to book a private tour.
We now also offer Virtual Field Trips for kids.