Virtual Tours and Talks
Join us for live, virtual tours when you can’t make it to our in-person walking tours! Be ready to ask questions and share ideas.
Registration is required.
Our live, interactive tour experiences have been recommended by:
We accept support for free, virtual tours via Venmo @chicagodetours or Zelle: [email protected]
Mondays – 6:00pm-6:30pm CDT
Live conversations with interpreters of Chicago history and architecture through art, photography, artifacts, advocacy, archives, literature, journalism and more. FREE
- Mon, August 24 “Conversations: Zac Bleicher from Edgar Miller Legacy” Alex
SPECIAL VIRTUAL EVENTS
- Fri, Aug 14, 6:00pm CDT – “A Deep Slice of Chicago Food History” Alex – $15
- Thurs, Aug 27, 6:00pm CDT – “Wonders of the 1893 World’s Fair” Amanda – $15
- Fri, Sept. 11, 6:00pm CDT – “Da Beers: A Chicago Drinking History” Amanda $15
- Sat, Sept 19, 1:00pm CDT – “Cruise from Your Couch Boat Tour” Alex -$18
MORE COMING SOON
ARCHITECTURE CRASH COURSE SERIES
Thursdays – 6:00pm-6:30pm CDT
This 12-week course of 30-minute interactive talks is a summer study session in Chicago’s most renowned feature. FREE
- Thurs, Aug 13 “Chicago Homes from Workers Cottages to McMansions” Alex
- Thurs, Aug 20 “The Contemporary City” Amanda
Rent the Entire Series
Rent all the crash course videos for $19.99! Includes “Cruise from Your Couch Virtual Boat Tour” as a bonus, which we usually don’t share with anyone!
- “Chicago’s Earliest Buildings, from Wigwams to Taverns”
- “The Great Chicago Fire and the Gilded Age”
- “The First Chicago School of Architecture & Early Skyscrapers”
- “Urban Planning: the White City to Wacker Drive”
- “Wright’s Philosophies & the Prairie School”
- “The Glamorous Art Deco Age”
- “The Human Experience of Mies and Modernism”
- “Urban Crisis: Redevelopment & Historic Preservation”
- “Bodaciously Brutalist & ‘Shoulder Pads’ Postmodernism”
WATCH PAST VIRTUAL TOURS
Subscribe and view our past virtual tours are here!
Top-Rated Virtual Tours
“I’m kind of addicted to these virtual tours!” – Jill N.
Super fun and informative — I even had a couple of beers while I was learning about drinking history.– Jim H.
Private virtual tours are a fun and safe way to stay connected with your team, friends or family. During a virtual tour, you and your group will explore topics in architecture, food history, or jazz and blues, in both downtown Chicago and our diverse neighborhoods while interacting with each other. Visit our Virtual Team Building page to learn more.