Virtual Tours and Talks
Join us for live, virtual tours when you can’t make it to our in-person walking tours! Some of these online talks and virtual tours are free, with a suggested donation. View past virtual tours on Youtube or Facebook, posted only for a limited time. Registration is required. Space via Zoom platform is limited.
Our live, interactive tour experiences have been recommended by:
“HISTORIC HAPPY HOUR ”
Weekdays – 6:00pm-6:30pm CDT
- Thurs, July 9 “Wright’s Philosophies & the Prairie School” Alex
- Thurs, July 16 “The Glamorous Art Deco Age” Alex
- Mon, July 20 “Conversations: Eric from FLW Building Conservancy” Alex
- Thurs, July 23 “The Human Experience of Mies and Modernism” Amanda
- Mon, July 27 “Conversations: Karen Hawkins from the Reader” Amanda
ARCHITECTURE CRASH COURSE SERIES
Thursdays, 6:00-6:30pm, CDT. June 11-July 30.
This 12-week course is like a summer study session in Chicago’s most renowned feature. Join us every Thursday for a 30-minute interactive talk that outlines the human impact of the city’s architectural history, from grand commercial structures to humble neighborhood dwellings. Register for free at the links above.
Did you miss some talks, or can’t commit to Thursdays? View all the videos for a one-time subscription ($19.95). Includes “Cruise from Your Couch Virtual Boat Tour” which we usually don’t share with anyone!
- Chicago’s Earliest Buildings, from Wigwams to Taverns
- The Great Chicago Fire and the Gilded Age
- The First Chicago School of Architecture & Early Skyscrapers
- Urban Planning: the White City to Wacker Drive
- Wright’s Philosophies & the Prairie School
- The Glamorous Art Deco Age
- The Human Experience of Mies & Modernism
- Urban Crisis: Redevelopment & Historic Preservation
- Bodaciously Brutalist & “Shoulder Pads” Postmodernism
- Chicago Homes from Workers Cottages to McMansions
- Computer-Aided Design and the Contemporary City
LIVE, VIRTUAL TOURS
Weekends – 1:00pm-1:50pm CDT
- Sat, July 11, 1:00pm CDT – “Bridgeport Neighborhood Detour Part 3: Work” Amanda
Register now $8
- MORE COMING SOON
“I’m kind of addicted to these virtual tours!” – Jill N.
Super fun and informative — I even had a couple of beers while I was learning about drinking history.– Jim H.
PRIVATE VIRTUAL TOURS OF CHICAGO
Private virtual tours are a fun and safe way to stay connected with your team, friends or family. During a virtual tour, you and your group will explore topics in architecture, food history, or jazz and blues, in both downtown Chicago and our diverse neighborhoods while interacting with each other.
Visit our Virtual Team Building page to book a private tour.
We now also offer Virtual Field Trips for kids.