Special for groups of 8 or fewer tour guests, this new and spontaneous custom tour designs an experience to your group’s unique interests. To book this tour, you just choose the tour date, start time, pick-up location and duration. When the guide meets you the morning of your private tour, each guest in your group will fill out a brief form to gauge their interests and share any special requests. These could include topics, sites, neighborhoods, or preferred mode of transport. The tour guide will carefully select the sites based on your input. They then spontaneously create a tour itinerary for your group, and you are off on your Detour!
Part of the excitement of your tour is choosing how you’ll get there! The tour can be a walking tour. You could also order a rideshare or hop on an ‘L’ train with your tour guide! Throughout your time together, you can steer the direction of your “Make Your Own Detour” experience how you wish.
HighlightsIt's up to you! Past highlights have included:
- Street Art on the South Side
- Mom and Pop Restaurants
- Frank Lloyd Wright Architecture
- Skyline views from secret locations
- Chicago Cultural Center
Stories & Ideas
Again, it’s up to you! Past stories & highlights have included:
- The Underground Pedway System
- The Chicago Postcard Mural
- The 1867 Union Stock Yards Gate
- Historic neighborhood bars
- Chicago’s Oldest House
- Transport via luxury sedan (max. 3 guests) or SUV (max. 5 guests). For larger SUV (max. 7 guests), call 312.350.1131 to request.
- Licensed chauffeur
- Professional tour guide
- Special gifts
- Pick-up and drop-off at downtown hotel, restaurant or other site
- Book 4 or more hours and enter code HALFDAY15 for 15% off your booking
Any downtown location as defined by east of S. Wacker, south of Division Street and north of Roosevelt Road. To have a tour guide meet guests within city limits but outside of downtown is an additional flat rate (contact us for more information).