Part-Time Public Tour Coordinator and Tour Guide
As a small business, it means a lot to find someone who fits into our culture of hard work, fun, professionalism, playfulness, and intellectual and creative geekery. We are hiring for a part-time position that would be a combination of office and tours at 15-20 hours per week. If hired, you will engage with both basic and big ideas in the exciting worlds of tourism and entrepreneurship. Working for a small business means you have to enjoy using different corners of your brain. Therefore, we look for people who are adaptable and multi-talented. This position is a mix of office administration, customer service, urban exploration, teaching and fun.
Tour Company Candidate Qualifications:
• Excellent communication skills, phone etiquette, email etiquette, and customer service skills.
• Knowledge of the architecture, history and culture of Chicago.
• Background as an educator.
• Master’s Degree preferred.
• Microsoft Office and G-Suite proficient.
• Ability to balance attention to detail while keeping track of the big picture.
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently on long-term and short-term projects in a fast-paced environment.
• Minimum of 3 years experience working in an office environment.
• Resolve issues and communicate with public tour clients via phone and email.
• Attend to the myriad details that make our public tours run.
• Operations management, like organizing procedures for selling tours with new vendors and managing public tour guide schedule.
• Manage the work of remote freelancers.
• Lead fun, dynamic public and private tours of interior architecture, historic bars, and Chicago neighborhoods.
Benefits for the Public Tour Coordinator and Guide Position:
• Paid sick days
• Fun, creative working environment
• Free walking and bus tours of interior architecture, historic bars, jazz and blues, and Chicago neighborhoods
• Flexible work schedule
• Educational team outings
• Office is in the very beautiful and historic Monadnock Building.
Schedule would be 3 days per week in the office with remote work two days per week, and could in the future have the possibility to grow to full-time. Must be able to work on Saturdays and the rare Sunday.
This is a dream job for people who love Chicago. Because of the unique nature of the business and our desire to make sure we get the right fit, we will accept applications until the position is filled. This was posted 1/2/19.