Welcome to chicagodetours.com (the “Site”), where you will find information on our Chicago walking architecture tours, bus tours, and private group tours that are great for corporate team building. Please read the following architecture tour company Terms and Conditions of Use and Service Agreement (this “Agreement”) carefully before using the Site. If you do not consent to this Agreement, please do not use the Site or purchase tickets for our walking tours and tours.
If we decide to change this Agreement, we will post those changes to this Agreement and other places we deem appropriate. We reserve the right to modify this Agreement at any time, so please review it frequently. Your continued use of the Site after the posting of any amended agreement shall constitute your agreement to be bound by any such changes.
2. Intellectual Property: This website contains information, content, services and software including, without limitation, text, photographs, images, illustrations, audio clips, video, html, source and object code, trademarks, logos, and the like (collectively, the “Content”.) Everything located on or in this Site is either (1) the exclusive property of Chicago Detours; (2) used with the permission of the copyright and/or trademark owner; or (3) part of the public domain. This Content is copyrighted as a collective work under the U.S. copyright laws, and Chicago Detours owns a copyright in the selection, coordination, arrangement, and enhancement of such Content. Except as otherwise expressly stated in this agreement, ANY COPYING, DISTRIBUTING, TRANSMITTING, POSTING, LINKING, DEEP LINKING, OR OTHERWISE MODIFYING OF THIS SITE, WITHOUT EXPRESS PERMISSION FROM CHICAGO DETOURS, IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
If you operate a website and wish to link to the Site, you may do so upon written permission of Chicago Detours. Requests to link to the Site should be directed to email@example.com.
We understand that when you purchase a tour, you may need to retain information, such as the time your tour departs, the date of the tour, and a description of the tour. You may download, print, and/or save this material, so long as this material is to be used for non-commercial purposes. Any other use of this Content is prohibited without prior written permission of the Site.
“Chicago Detours” is a mark of Chicago Detours, Inc. Use of the name “Chicago Detours” or related graphics, service marks, and trademarks is prohibited without prior written consent of Chicago Detours Inc. Requests to use this content should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Infringement Complaints: The Site respects the intellectual property of others. If you believe your rights have been infringed and/or are aware of any infringing material on the Site, please contact us at and provide us with the following information: (a) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyrighted work; (b) identification of any copyrighted work and, if applicable, the location of the Site that you claim has been infringed; (c) a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the owner, its agent, or the law; (d) your name and contact information, such as telephone number or e-mail address; and (e) a statement by you that the above information in your notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owners behalf.
4. Disclaimer of Warranty: By using this Site (other than to read the Agreement for the first time) you agree that USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. NEITHER CHICAGO DETOURS, ITS AFFILIATES, NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, MERCHANTS, THIRD-PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS, OR ANY OF THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS, WARRANT THAT USE OF THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE; NOR DO THEY MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULT THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THIS SITE. THIS SITE IS MADE AVAILABLE ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. EXCEPT AS STATED IN OUR PURCHASE POLICY, TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL LAW, CHICAGO DETOURS HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
6. Limitation of Liability: IN NO EVENT SHALL CHICAGO DETOURS, INCLUDING ITS EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, CONTENT PROVIDERS AND LICENSORS, BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL CHICAGO DETOURS’ LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH A TOUR EXCEED THE AMOUNTS PAID FOR SUCH TOUR, AND TOTAL AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED To THIS AGREEMENT SHALL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNTS PAID BY THE USER DURING THE SIX MONTHS PRECEDING THE BRINGING OF ANY CLAIM.
7. Indemnification/Release: YOU AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD HARMLESS CHICAGO DETOURS AND ITS AFFILIATES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS FROM AND AGAINST ALL CLAIMS AND EXPENSES, INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND/OR ANY VIOLATION OF THIS AGREEMENT BY YOU.
8. International Users: The Site is controlled, operated and administered from within the United States. The Company and the Site make no representation that Content available through the Site is appropriate or available for use outside the United States. If you access the Site from a location outside the United States, you are responsible for compliance with all applicable laws.
9. Miscellaneous: This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois as applied to agreements entered into and to be fully performed within the State, without regard to its conflicts of law provisions. By use of this Site, you hereby agree that any cause of action you may have with Chicago Detours or the Site (including, without limitation, related to your participation in any Tours) must be filed in a federal or state court located in Chicago, Illinois, within 180 days of the time in which the events giving rise to such claim occurred, or you agree to unconditionally waive such claim. You agree no such claim may be brought as a class action.
10. Severability: The Provisions of these Terms and Conditions of Use and Service are intended to be severable. If for any reason any provision of this Agreement shall be held invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part in any jurisdiction, such provision shall, as to such jurisdiction, be ineffective to the extent of such invalidity or unenforceability without in any manner affecting the validity or enforceability thereof in any other jurisdiction or the remaining provision hereof in any jurisdiction, and the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect. Any failure of the Chicago Detours to enforce or exercise any provision of this Agreement or related right shall not constitute a waiver of that right or provision.
11. Change/Cancel a Reservation: When you purchase a tour through the Chicago Detours tour company, you are purchasing a reserved spot on one of our walking tours. This reservation entitles you to a spot on that walking tour, which will leave at the stated time and date. All sales are final. That means we do not grant refunds for any reason at all. Tours promptly leave at the scheduled departure time and date, so don’t be late!
We are willing to reschedule reservations in some circumstances. When you reserve space on a tour, you take up a spot that could be filled by someone else. If you try to reschedule at the last minute, we probably can’t sell your spot. Therefore, we only allow customers to reschedule a reservation if they notify us more than 48 hours before the start of their tour. We can only offer times and dates where we have open slots for additional reservations, and we make no guarantee that we can find an appropriate replacement tour date. If acts of nature prevent us from providing a tour at the scheduled time, we will arrange for a new time and date. Please do not hesitate to if you have any questions or concerns about our policy.